No matter how large or small your order is, we approach it with utmost care and interest in seeing your needs met. We have a highly skilled team ready to work with you to develop prints that exceed your expectations. We work with photographers, curators and collectors from all over the US and around the world.
Here’s a quick outline of how the process usually works for all of our print types:
- You prepare your digital file to look exactly the way you want. Get your contrast right, the toning of the print, everything exactly the way you want.
- Make yourself a folder on Dropbox or use another file sharing service. It should be named “HL_yourname”.
- Inside this folder, place your perfected image in its highest resolution form. TIFF, DNG or PSD are all common filetypes that we use. While you’re there, please place a copy of the original RAW file as well.
- From this file, we will make an 8×10 digital negative and proof print to see where our starting point is. We will usually make a few changes here to align the print with what you are looking for. If you are in our lab in Flagstaff, we make changes and continue proofing until we have a perfect 8×10 print. If you are NOT in our lab, we will send you at least one proof in the mail.
- Once you receive your proof, take your time to go through it carefully and make note of all the adjustments you’d like to see. You can send those to us via email, or relay them over the phone. We will repeat this process until you have a perfect proof at 8×10.
- Once the perfect proof is achieved, we will make the full size negative and go big! Aside from the size, this print will match the 8×10 proof. If you are making an edition, we will have you approve the full size print before producing the entire edition. If you’re only having one print made, we’ll send you that one print along with your invoice.
- If any mounting, matting, and framing is desired, this is the time to ensure the print is protected and displayed well. We’re happy to do all this for you, or just send you the raw print.
From the moment of capture (either film or digital), we are happy to walk you through the process to holding your finished work in your hands, ready to hang on a wall or ship to your clients.
The Framing Department at HiddenLight is our division of skilled photo finishers who can mount, mat, and frame your work. We can box and crate your photographs and deliver them anywhere in the world. When shipping your original materials to us, FedEx or UPS work best. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.
“I absolutely find my work and vision come to life here at Hidden Light. Each print is truly a handcrafted piece of the Southwest and especially home; Navajoland.” -Mylo Fowler